Thursday, September 9, 2010

Restocked!

So in case you were worried that I starved to death while waiting for my veggie delivery, you can rest easy... the delivery came today! My kitchen is now fully stocked with various produce goodies including brussel sprouts, spaghetti squash, PURPLE POTATOES and bok choy : )



Doesn't it feel good to have a fully stocked kitchen??
I know you'll be shocked but I did NOT have oatmeal this morning. Instead I enjoyed a cherry-chocolate-coconut smoothie. It was good but I'm going to wait to post the recipe until it is perfected. This one has serious potential.
Lunch was also different from my recent choices. I have been taking leftovers to school lately but today I had a nice, fresh salad. I call it the Curried Mango Tango!
Spinach salad with curried cashews, diced mango, dried pomegranate and a drizzle of mango juice instead of dressing






The vegetable delivery! I could barely contain my excitement!




The prized purple potatoes- can't wait to roast these babies up


Fruit bowl- now bursting with flavor ; )
Dinner had to be quick and simple. Thursday is my late night at school so I didn't get in until after 8. I wanted to cook something fresh because I was so excited about the delivery but I was starving and sleepy. Pat and I decided to just do a simple pasta dinner.

Grilled eggplant and zucchini


Marinara sauce with fresh chopped spinach





Whole wheat penne with grilled veggies and mozzarella flatbread


What are you stocking your kitchen with this week? Anything as interesting as purple potatoes??










7 comments:

  1. Dear Sarina - when serving the potatoes, please mash them. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I second the mashed request with BUTTER and cream...what would be the vegan substitute for cream??

    ReplyDelete
  3. i also second the mashed potatoes. i bought kale this week and threw some pieces on a sandwich but then my stomach hurt later. i need to think of a way to sneak it into a meal in a less obvious way...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mashed potatoes with any kind of dairy substitute are great- try soy, hemp or almond milk. If you want them reallyyyyyyyy creamy try an organic soy creamer.


    Yay for kale! I got some in my delivery. It's odd that it hurt your stomach... I'd imagine it was something other than the kale? You should try cooking it up with some coconut oil or try these simple kale chips- toss chopped kale in olive oil and sea salt and lay out on baking sheet (with cooking spray)- bake at 375 for 15-17 minutes. Yum! So much better than potato chips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dont make Pat anything he requests. He should know better than to mess with the pantry. His idea for organizing make no sense at all.

    ReplyDelete