The Kind Diet (since Kiirsten already voted for eat, drink & be vegan...) because I recently saw a clip on the news about this book and was interested in reading it!!
Email your address to Srutherford07@gmail.com and I will send you a brand new copy of The Kind Diet! Happy Cooking!
Thanks for all the comments you guys posted. Stay tuned for the next giveaway (Hint: Some peanut butter products may be involved).
Now on to the post...
I have never lived alone. I went from living with my family, to living with roomies, to living with Patrick. To tell the truth, I don’t really like being home alone. I get a little creeped out (too much crime tv I suppose). However, there are many nights when Patrick works late and I am left to my own devices. In those situations, I find solace in some of the little pleasures of having no one else around. You know what I’m talking about! Those things you do that you can ONLY do when no one else is home. My “home alone habits” are as follows:
1. Wear my grossest, most amazing, pj shirt
2. Watch Real Housewives of New Jersey or some other equally terrible reality tv programming
3. Forget to close the bathroom door
4. Lick the blade of the blender to get the very last drop of chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie
5. Order take-out and eat it on the couch in front of the week’s most sinful DVR recordings (see #2)
So, tonight, when Patrick called to tell me he would be at the office late, I decided to spend the evening doing ALMOST all of these things. Instead of calling up my favorite Indian takeout place (my home alone eatery of choice), I decided to whip up my own version of some of my go-to choices.
1 package Trader Joe’s cumin and chili chickpeas (you can also season them yourself but I was feeling lazy)
1 cup slightly steamed veggie of choice (broccolini pictured here)
2 whole wheat tortillas