Thursday, August 12, 2010

Sleepy Time?

So I have a confession to make. While my blog may create the impression that I live a completely healthy and balanced lifestyle, that is not exactly true. Though I have been trying to eat healthy and workout and maintain hobbies that help me to feel centered (e.g. this blog), I continue to make really unhealthy choices when it comes to sleep. Over the summer, I really caught up in this area but after less than a week back at school I am already feeling depleted.

Someone please tell me how it is possible to work 60+ hours a week, workout and cook all your meals while still getting the recommended 7-8 hours of sleep????

During the work week I typically get about 5 hours a night (6 if I'm lucky). I know it isn't good for me but I'm not sure what to cut out (I know what you're thinking, stop watching Real Housewives... not an option people).

One of my personal goals this year is to get healthier in every way. I know that means getting more sleep in addition to everything else but right now I am just not making the grade in that area.

Anyway, I hope all that sleep-deprived rambling helps to expain the following meal choices:



Breakfast:

Cinnamon raisin Ezekial toast with Earth Balance

Strawberry-Peach Smoothie made in the Magic Bullet


Lunch:

Last night's leftovers. Yum!

When it came to dinner time, I was utterly exhausted. It was just one of those nights when this...



Could not compare to this...
Over tired Beanz = Banana Peanut Butter Oats for dinner and an early bedtime
Goodnight ; )

1 comment:

  1. Hurray for brother Keith! Out of alllllll of the vegan recipes, peanut butter cups by far reign supreme!

    ReplyDelete