Tuesday, August 24, 2010

DELIVERY!

I have always been one of those kids who couldn't fall asleep on Christmas Eve. I was soooo excited about the idea of a big fat man downstairs putting gifts under the tree that I stayed up almost all night every year.

Perhaps it was no surprise then that today, I was super pumped about the arrival or my first basis foods delivery. I signed up for the grocery service with a bunch of people from work to reduce delivery costs and I have been waiting for weeks for the first arrival. Most of the food is organic or locally grown. The best part is, you never know what will be in your delivery bag! It is almost like opening up your stocking to find that Santa brought you Trolls this year instead of My Little Ponies (only slightly less frightening than the neon-haired, jewel-bellied creatures).

Anyway, when the package arrived I brought it home and ripped it open to discover an amazing array of fresh fruits and veggies:






Curly Red Kale



Broccoli Rabe




Baby Boston Lettuce


Purple Turnips
ps I have no clue what to do with these... any suggestions??



Heirloom Tomatoes


Strawberries

Yellow Wax Beans

Paula Red Apples, Bartlett Pears, Yellow Peaches, Nectarines


Fingerling Potatoes

Mini Pearl Onions
All that fresh food had me craving something veggie-filled and fresh. Solution = Veggie Tacos! Recipe to come...


Patrick lends a helping hand!


Heirloom Tomato Salsa


Chopped lettuce for topping and taco salad


My taco salad

Pat's dinner pre-cheese and salsa
Stay tuned for more delivery bag meals! My kitchen is fully stocked and ready for some food bloggin action ; )

1 comment:

  1. Taco night is a good night. In the future I would like to see some peanut butter cups complementing the veggies.

    ReplyDelete