Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Discombobulated

There are two types of people in this world. People who thrive on consistency and routine and people who, well... don't. I have always tried to make myself more like the latter. I've tried to convince myself that spontaneity is more fun and that life is too short to live by a schedule. But, alas, I usually fail. Deep down, I really love routine. My routine makes me happy and hey, if that makes me a little boring, well I'm ok with that : )

However, today, my routine was all discombobulated and that made me feel well... discombobulated! I love that I just got to use that word twice in the same sentence.

First of all, I am kind of caught right now in between my relaxed "schools out for the summer" schedule and my crazy go-go-go schoolyear routine. The result was a day of odly timed meals and some not so great choices. Thus the discombobulated feeling.

I am trying to make myself readjust to the early wake-up time I will be facing again in the not so near future so I made myself wake up a half hour earlier than I have been. Yuck. I stumbled to the kitchen and found the perfect cure for my grogginess...

Tropical Oatmeal:

1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup light coconut milk
1 diced kiwi
1/2 crumbled tropical fruit tart Lara Bar
1/4 cup toasted coconut

Heat 'em up all together in the microwave (if you're really hungry) or on the stove if unlike me, you actually have patience.





After breakfast, I needed to go into work for a few hours to get some guided reading plans done. No post-breakfast workout today. Another reason for the aforementioned discombobulation. No worries though -I threw all the leftover veggies in my fridge together with some hummus for a wrap to go. I also brought with me the last of the Mary's Gone Crackers (see below). They were so delicious that they are now in fact... gone : (





When I returned home from work around 5, I was starving. The wrap and crackers were not quite enough to get me through the day. As a result, I unfortunately ODed on the all too tempting tortilla chips below. I knew Patrick was going to be working late so I figured it was okay to make a meal of chips? Bad choice. More discombobulation ensued.


Around 8:30 the over-chipped feeling had worn off so I decided to hit the gym. After a 3 mile run I felt much better, but also hungry again. For a quick dinner fix I heated up the Amy's meal you see below. I try not to eat much frozen food but as freezer meals go this one is pretty good. I like to stir in some veggies (tonight I did leftover string beans and spinach) to help bulk up the microwaved goods.
Dinner at 9:45pm= Discombobulated
Let's hope that tomorrow brings some normalcy back into my life (and my stomach).

















































No comments:

Post a Comment